Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cadbury Cream Egg Cupcakes

So, I woke up randomly in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea. Why not make a cupcake that is made from Cadbury Cream Eggs? I thought I was awesome, and decided to see about making this delicious thought a reality. The next morning, I was disappointed to learn that thousands of other people also had this incredible idea... So, after figuring out which recipe to try, I opted to try "Homemade by Holman", and since I am all about giving credit to the right people, here is the blog: http://homeiswheretheholmansare.blogspot.com/2010/04/cadbury-cream-egg-cupcakes.html

Now that you have seen the recipe as well as her professional photos and baking skills... here is my lack thereof version :o)
The annoying process of separating the Cadbury Cream Eggs, and the difficulty of NOT eating one, was more challenging than I thought..


These cupcake papers are awesome. Pastels out. Bright in.


Butter and Cream centers are a good start for the frosting..


Melted Cadbury ganache goes in the center of each Dutch chocolate cupcake.


The finished product, with a mini egg on top. Not as pretty as hers, but delicious none the less. I ran into a few problems, like the ganache soaking into the cake, and the frosting separating a bit. I have an idea to make this cupcake even better, and the nice thing about it, is it will be an original recipe. I'll give it a try for Easter :)

No comments: